WG 5 (Waste water reuse) held a meeting In December, : Comments on the result of the survey held in June
Bruno Molle, EIA (Leader)
Javier Juarez, Azud
Pablo Carnicero, Regaber
Kaïs Jelali, ApexEnergy
Alessandro Calanna, Irritec
Fleur Martin, Irrigazette and EIA
Moshi Berenstein, Netafim and EIA
The meeting started with a presentation by Bruno Molle, the leader of the group, about the activities of the Working Group in 2022 :
- Sharing draft ISO documents
- Organizing a forum in March : Presentation of the Poseidon Decision support tool
- Holding a survey in May with a part dedicated to waste water reuse : 80% of respondents have been involved in reuse projects.
What to do in the group in the future :
- Continuing the sharing of information, guidelines, reports, standards;
- Planning technical conferences in collaboration with the training WG.
Moshi: Reuse remains a key topic, problem of nominating the experts members to develop the topic, 3 main aspects: knowledge sharing (understand the basics and regulation), visit sites of existing projects, training provision may be difficult better to be involved in event). Better to move toward a knowledge sharing platform: many videos that are on the web, many experiences reported. This platform could be started from contributions from the members, trying to be question specific to targeted population. Then building a project to communicate on it.
Alessandro: some projects undergoing with domestic wastewater in the south, numerous testing but not yet able to provide training, ok to share.
Pablo: lot of projects are operated, promote the knowledge sharing from the companies, includes policy making examples.
Kais: the end-user side, how and how much? Are key questions.
Fleur: organizing visits and reporting once or twice a year, side of main European events with web report further.
- Organizing training will be too complicated for people that are involved in Reuse projects but are not experts;
- Numerous communication material is already existing on the web that could be identified, targeted and disseminated to interested people via the web site;
- Telling a story… making good use of existing real cases: oriented toward basic understanding of difficulties and benefits; of on-going projects that communicate of their findings;
- Try to be question specific, oriented more on experience return that pure knowledge, answering questions such as how and how much?
- Possibly to report on visits that members make (Fleur and Bruno to propose a way to process).