Communication Working Group : The new website golive end of January 2022 !
Working Group 6 meeting was held on January 18 and had 4 participants: Fleur Martin – EIA (leader), Pilar Urreta, Mathloding – Céline Palvadeau, Netafim – Oriol Torrano, ITC.
Different topics were discussed during this meeting :
Objectives of Working Group 6 :
- Reflection on communication tools : Website, social medias, E-mailing….
- Build a library of technical articles available for our members on the EIA website. These articles are provided by the members or other resources such as Irrigazette magazine.
- Organisation of events : forums, exhibitions …
Statistics of Communication tools : website and Social networks
EIA Website :
- 857 sessions in December 2021/ 1500 in November 2021/ 973 in September 2021/ 476 sessions in August/ 801 sessions in July/593 sessions in June 2021/597 sessions in May 2021/ 856 sessions in April/ 694 sessions in March/ 473 sessions in February.
Linkedin Page :
1315 followers in January 2022 /1067 in November 2021 /
- 911 in September 2021 / 802 in June 2021 / 604 in April 2021/ 470 in February 2021/
Facebook Page :
- 467 followers in January 2022 / 251 in November 2021/ 230 in September 2021 / 224 in June 2021/ 156 in April 2021/ 29 in February 2021
The new website is almost ready and Fleur Martin sent a link to the draft to the participants.
Communication tools : EIA new Website
- Mission of EIA
- Benefits to become member
- Organisation members
- Board members
- Registration form to become member (with membership fees amount and automatic calculation of the fees)
- Events with online registration form : the participants will receive an automatic email confirmation, and an outlook invitation.
- Presentation of the 6 Working Groups : Sustainability in Agriculture – Urban Landscaping – Standardization – Training and Transfer Knowledge – Wastewater Reuse – Communication.
- Policy and Advocacy
- Technical resources : Landscape Irrigation, Agriculture Irrigation, Irrigation Guidelines, Irrigation Research.
Comments from participants: the website is clear and intuitive, although there are some minor problems.
Regarding the working groups section, Pilar asked if it would be appropriate to publish the minutes of the working groups’ activities on the website, and make them available to everyone.
The new website will golive by the end of January.
Production and/or selection of articles :
One article was sent to the participants before the meeting :
- Frost Protection, Rivulis
Feedback : Very good article that explains the problem of crops very well. No mention of any particular brand. Accessible even if you have no knowledge of the subject.
The participants all agreed to publish the article on the EIA website.
Up-date on events :
Irrigation Forum – new format, shorter. Four forums per year (March 11 , May 13, September 23, November 25).