Update on EIA Irrigation Conference – Final Programme
We are pleased to confirm the final programme of our 2020 Irrigation Conference that will take place online on 10 November from 14.00 to 16.00 CET.
At the time of accelerated global change in various aspect of business, political and social life, and the time of growing concerns for complex environmental challenges of the future, the opportunities to exchange between experts in water policies and challenges is becoming more and more important. This is the purpose of the EIA’s Irrigation Conference. Our speakers will develop the following themes:
- Welcome and Introduction by Mr.Damir Čizmek, President of the European Irrigation Association: “The EIA - serving the European Irrigation Industry - perspectives 2021 and beyond”
- Keynote speech by Ms. Bettina Döser, Head of Unit Clean Water at DG ENV (European Commission): “European Green Deal - opportunities for sustainable water management in agriculture”.
- Presentation by Ms. Deborah Hamlin, CEO of the Irrigation Association (USA): “Irrigation Association Report - Status of Unrest and Irrigation in the United States”.
- Presentation by Mr.Ji Zhang, Director of the Irrigation Association of China: “From flood to smart: an overview of irrigation's past, present and future in China”
- Presetation by Mr Adriano Battilani,Secretary General of Irrigants d’Europe: “Post Covid-19 challenges for Irrigated Agriculture”
- The presentations will be followed by an interactive Q&A session
- Summary and Conclusions by Damir Čizmek
The Irrigation Conference is opened to industry professionals and visitors who are interested in international and European trends in the irrigation industry and water policy frameworks as well as the activities carried out by our association. We invite you to join the conference ! The conference will be in English.
The participation to this event is free of charge. You just have to register.
Following the Irrigation Forum, members of the association are invited to participate in the EIA General Assembly. A specific invitation has been sent to all members with a separate registration system.